Kimchi Miso Gyoza
- 12–14 wrappers
- 1/2 cup (120 g) vegan grounds OR tofu*
- 1/2 cup (100 g) napa cabbage kimchi, finely chopped
- 1 scallion (14 g), sliced
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 2 tsp perilla oil or sesame oil(optional, for flavour)
- 1 tsp miso
- 50ml water
- 50g cheese of choice (I used violife and daiya)
- Add vegan grounds, kimchi, scallion, ginger, perilla oil and miso to a bowl. Mix to combine. Add 1 heaping tbsp of filling in the middle and pleat. Repeat until all filling is used. Place on a potato starch dusted tray and keep covered.
For the cheesy wings:
- Heat oil in a pan over medium. Turn off the heat and then line up the gyoza.
- Turn on heat to low and add hot water, cover and steam for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the cheese and bake for 10 minus on low/medium low heat until crispy.
- Kimchi and tofu contain a lot of water. Excess moisture should be removed or dumpling wrappers may tear.