Creamy umami packed vegan miso mushroom pasta for a quick and easy weeknight meal for when you need something warming and comforting.
- 1 Japanese leek, sliced with white and green parts separated (or 2-3 scallions)
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 2 4-5oz packages of cultivated mushrooms (224-280g // I like to use shimeji, shiitake and oyster mushrooms)
- 6 oz penne or farfalle pasta (168g // gluten free as needed)
- 2-3 cups vegetable broth (500-750ml)
- 1 heaping tbsp nutritional yeast (10g)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce, optional can sub for 1/4 tsp of salt
- 3 1/2 tbsp Asian sesame paste (52g)
- 1 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar (22g)
- 2 tbsp miso paste (24g)
- Over medium high heat, add white parks of Japanese leek and garlic to a large pan and cook until light browned. Add mushrooms and cook until they have started to release some water and is beginning to shrink in size (about 3 minutes).
- Add the pasta, 2 cups vegetable broth, soy sauce and nutritional yeast and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a low-medium low and simmer uncovered for 10-12 minutes until noodles are al dente. Add remaining cup of vegetable broth 1/4 cup at a time as needed.
- Turn off the heat and then stir in green parts of the leek, rice vinegar, tahini and miso paste. Taste and add more seasonings to your liking. Serve, garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy!
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: entree
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, japanese
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 562
- Sugar: 7.5
- Sodium: 652
- Fat: 18
- Saturated Fat: 2.5
- Unsaturated Fat: 12.9
- Carbohydrates: 85
- Fiber: 14.8
- Protein: 24.3
Keywords: one pot vegan pasta, miso mushroom pasta, creamy mushroom pasta