Make the Cauliflower Gnocchi
- Steam the cauliflower over a large steamer basket for 12-15 minutes, until soft. Alternatively, microwave the cauliflower in a microwave safe container on high for 8-10 minutes. A fork should go through the cauliflower without resistance.
- Once cool enough to handle, squeeze out any excess cauliflower juice using a nut milk bag or lint-free dish towel. The cauliflower should weigh around 350-375g at this point.
- Add the cauliflower into a food processor and blend until smooth (it will look some what gritty, but also blended together). Add in the flour, potato starch and salt. Blend until it comes together. If you have a "low" setting on your food processor, set it to low. I like to pulse blend and scrape down the sides so the dough isn't over worked, especially if using non-gluten free flour.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured work surface. Add some flour to your hands and bring the dough together into a thick oval shape. Using a pastry cutter or sharep knife, cut the dough around 1 inch thick. Give them a quick roll to round out the edges and then cut into1/2 inch pieces. Now they're ready to be cooked!
Prepare Cauliflower Gnocchi
- TO BOIL: Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower gnocchi and cook until they start to float (around 4 minutes), then remove them with a slotted spoon.
- TO SAUTE: Use the boil method to cook the gnocchi. Spray pan with oil and then cook 5 minutes on each side until golden brown and crispy.
- TO AIR FRY: Line the bottom of your air fryer basket with parchment paper and then add cauliflower gnocchi. Air fry at 400F for 8 minutes and then shake the basket to flip the gnocchi and air fry for another 8-9 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Optional: spray with a bit of oil for extra crunchiness.
- TO BAKE: Pre-heat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and add on the gnocchi. Bake for 15 minutes. Then flip the gnocchi and bake for another 10-15 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Optional: spray with oil and season with dried herbs.
- TO SERVE: after using any of these methods to cook the gnocchi, serve with your favourite sauce, dip them in your favourite dip or coat them in some cinnamon sugar/seasonings and eat like a snack!
- TO FREEZE: Place the gnocchi on a parchment lined baking tray. Once frozen, transfer into freezer bags or freezer-safe containers. They will last for 3-4 months in the freezer. No need to defrost the cauliflower gnocchi before cooking! Prepare them right out of the freezer.