This Vietnamese Vermicelli Noodle Salad with Tofu is a fresh, easy and healthy meal that comes together in under 20 minutes! A simple noodle salad with a ton of flavour thanks to the vegan vietnamese salad dressing.
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup vegan fish sauce*
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 package vermicelli rice noodles (200g)
- 1 block smoked tofu (250g)
- 1 large carrot, julienned (160g)
- 2 cucumbers, julienned (160g)
- 8 lettuce leaves (120g)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (20g)
- 1/2 cup mint leaves (18g)
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts (36g)
- lime wedges to serve
- Soak: the rice noodles in a large bowl of water for 15 minutes or until softened.
- Dressing: add all the ingredients into a small bowl and combine.
- Tofu: Cube the tofu into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Vegetables & Herbs: Julienne the carrots and cucumbers. Shred the lettuce. Roughly chop the herbs.
- Noodles: Over medium heat, add in the noodles with a bit of the soaking water to finish cooking. Drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Assemble: Add the vegetables, herbs, tofu, peanuts and dressing into the bowl with the vermicelli noodles. Toss until everything is evenly distributed.
- Sub even fish sauce for light soy sauce
- For a warm noodle salad, do not rinse the rice noodles in cold water. Instead of cooking the noodles in the soaking water, cook with some of the dressing and then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
- Serving Size: 1/3 of recipe
- Calories: 538
- Sugar: 13.6g
- Sodium: 2301mg
- Fat: 14.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 77.5g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 24g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegan vietnamese vermicelli rice noodle salad