This Vegan Pesto Ricotta Stuffed Shells recipe is so delicious and comforting! Easy to make with just 5 ingredients and can be ready in about 45 minutes. The perfect plant based dinner to share with your friends and family this holiday!
- 1 batch of Vegan Tofu Ricotta (or your choice of plant based ricotta)
- 2 handfuls of basil (Italian or Thai for a twist)
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- 25 jumbo shells (a total of 20 should be used, 5 extra just incase the shells break)
- 2 1/2 cups marinara sauce (625ml // 1 22oz jar)
- Cook the pasta in salted water following the instructions until al dente (be sure not to overcook!).
- While the pasta is cooking, into a food processor make the pesto ricotta by adding all of the ingredients into a good processor until combined and smooth.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Pour all the marinara into a 9×10 inch baking dish (or divide the marinara if using 2 8×8 inch baking dishes). Alternatively, you can save some to top your shells but just be sure to cover your baking dishes with marinara.
- Stuff about 1 heaping tbsp of the pesto tofu ricotta into the shells and place in baking dish. If you reserved some marinara, pour it on top.
- Cover the baking pans with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the foil, rotate the tray and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve hot and garnish with fresh basil, vegan cheese or some vegan parmesan.
Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: Entree
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 5 shells
- Calories: 454
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 1107mg
- Fat: 16.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8
- Unsaturated Fat: 10g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 52.6g
- Fiber: 8.7g
- Protein: 27.5g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: pesto stuffed shells, jumbo pasta shells, vegan stuffed shells