This Korean BBQ Sauce is perfectly spicy, sweet, sticky and packed with so much flavour. This sauce requires just 7 ingredients AND it’s naturally sweetened with dates! It’s easy to make and so versatile, you can use it on just about anything! Vegan + Refined Sugar Free (Gluten free option)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 inch of ginger (2 tsp grated)
- 3/4 cup dates
- 1.5 tbsp gochujang*
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp corn starch + 1 tbsp water, mixed
- Add all ingredients into a blender except corn starch + water slurry until smooth.
- Add the mixture into a sauce pan over medium high heat and allow it to come to a boil.
- Once it begins to boil, reduce the temperature down to medium low and add in the corn starch slurry. Whisk quickly until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and allow the sauce to cool. Transfer into an airtight jar and store in the fridge for up to 10 days.
*chili paste OR Sriracha can be substituted in a pinch.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Condiments
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Korean
Keywords: Korean BBQ Sauce