These Vegan Ginger Molasses Cookies are soft and chewy in the center and crispy around the edges. The ideal holiday cookie thats perfectly spiced with subtle molasses flavour! This recipe is also healthy, flourless, gluten free, oil free, nut free and refined sugar free!
- 3/4 cup sunflower butter (192g)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (96g)
- 3 tbsp molasses (60g)
- 3 tbsp aquafaba (liquid of unsalted canned chickpeas // 45g)
- 1 cup oat flour (120g)*
- 1 tsp baking soda (5g)
- 1–2 tsp ground ginger (depending on how gingery you like it)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cane sugar, optional
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (180 C)
- Into a large bowl add in the sunflower butter, coconut sugar and molasses, and mixed until combined. Then add in the aquafaba and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add in the oat flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, all spice and salt and mix until combined.
- Measure out the dough using a medium sized cookie scooper (or weigh out 30g) and roll into a tall ball. If the dough if very sticky, place in the fridge for 15-20 minutes until firmed up**. Do not add in more flour. As an optional step, coat the pieces of dough in cane sugar and then place on baking tray.
- Bake for 4 minutes. Quickly rotate the tray and bake for another 5-6 minutes or until the top starts to slightly crack.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for 4-5 minutes. Transfer onto a cooling wire rack and let them cool for another 5 minutes. Enjoy!
- Once fully cooled, store leftovers at room temperature in a covered air tight container for 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- I make my own oat flour by blending it in a vitamix but any oat flour will work.
- If you find the dough too sticky, place in the fridge for 15 minutes. Do NOT add in more oat flour.
- To make the dough ahead of time: prepare the dough as instructed and keep in the fridge for up to 4 days covered in a air tight container or reusable bag. Dough can also be frozen for up to 1 month.
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 124
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 138mg
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated Fat: 0.75g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.5g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 14.6g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: ginger cookies, molasses cookies, ginger molasses cookies