Healthy Zucchini Blender Muffins
Healthy Zucchini Muffins made in the blender using wholesome ingredients like oats, almond butter and maple syrup. These flourless vegan zucchini muffins are moist, fluffy and are great for breakfast & snacking!
- Author: Lisa Kitahara
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 muffins 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, north american
Toasting the Oats
- To toast the oats, place the oats into a large pan over medium high heat. Toss the oats and shake the pan every few seconds so they have enough time to toast but not burn. Alternatively, you can place the oats in the oven on a lined baking tray at 350 F for 8-10 minutes, tossing them half way.
- Preheat oven to 425 F (210 C). Line or grease 8 muffin cups.
- Into a high speed blender add all the ingredients in the listed order except for the zucchini and chocolate chips. Start at the lowest speed and slowly increase the blending speed. Blend the batter until smooth scraping down the sides as needed with a spatula. Fold in the zucchini. If your batter is warm, add in the chocolate chip after pouring the batter into the muffin cups.
- Divide the batter into 8 muffin cups, about 90g per muffin. Stir in chocolate chips and top with more. Bake for 5 minutes. Drop the temperature to 350 F and bake for another 20-23 minutes (mine were perfect at 22 minutes) or until muffins are cooked all the way through.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 3 minutes. Carefully transfer the muffins onto a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely before eating.
- *If you prefer sweeter muffins, use vanilla coconut yogurt or add in 3-4 tbsp of any dry sweetener. The yogurt shouldn't be too runny or thick. I use So Delicious, PC Brand and Liberte non-dairy yogurt for baking.
- ** If using coconut yogurt, replace 1:1 with the maple syrup. You may need to add 1-2 tbsp of non dairy milk to achieve a blend-able consistency.
- *** Toasting the oats helps give a bit more of a nutty flavour which pairs really well with the spices. Not essential, but highly recommended!
- **** Not essential but potato starch helps absorb excess moisture from the zucchini and helps make these muffins fluffy. Sub with more oats if you don't have any potato starch.
- Helpful Equipment: high speed blender, spatula, 9 or 12 cup muffin tin, muffin liners
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer) without chocolate chips and potato starch.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 6.9g
- Sodium: 203mg
- Fat: 7.2
- Saturated Fat: 0.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.8g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 29.8g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 6.1gg
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: flourless muffins, vegan zucchini muffins, blender muffins, gluten free zucchini oatmeal muffins