Start the day right with these vegetable packed high protein Vegan Egg Muffins! An easy make ahead breakfast option made with wholesome ingredients. Gluten free.
- 1 420g (15oz) package of medium firm tofu
- 2 tsp tahini
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp black salt
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped (120g)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (100g)
- 1/2 cup corn (80g)
- 2 scallions, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350. Line or spay 6 muffin tins.
- Over high heat, drizzle a pan with a little oil (or water for oil-free). Fry the garlic until browned. Add in the broccoli, bell pepper and corn. Season with salt and pepper and fry for around 1 minute. Add in the scallion and fry for another 30 seconds. Remove from the heat.
- Into a food processor, puree the tofu. Add in the chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, tahini, miso paste, turmeric, onion powder, salt, pepper and black salt. Puree until combined.
- In a large bowl combine the tofu mixture with the vegetables and stir. Transfer into the 6 muffin tins.
- Place into the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes, rotating the muffin tin tray at 15 minutes. The tops should be lightly browned.
- Allow it to cool on a cooling rack for at least 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 94
- Sugar: 1.75g
- Sodium: 571mg
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.7g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 5.8g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 8.6g
- Cholesterol: 0