Mind blowing 5-ingredient homemade vegan cinnamon toast crunch! Perfectly crispy, sweet and reminiscent of everyones childhood favourite cereal. Simple to make and it’s healthier and so much better than from the box!
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Mix the 2 tsp of cinnamon and the sugar together in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix together oat flour, almond flour, flax meal, cinnamon and salt. Add in the water and lesser amount of apple sauce and stir until a roll-able dough forms. If its too dry, add in extra tbsp of apple sauce. If you still find it not coming together, add 1 tsp of water at a time (the amount of liquid you will need to add depends on the humidity of your kitchen). You want a dough that you can roll out (so not too wet) but also not crumbling apart. It should kind of has the texture of pie dough.
- Place the dough between two pieces of parchment paper and then roll the dough into a very thin sheet (1.5 – 2 mm). Brush with water or aquafaba and then generously coat with cinnamon sugar. Place the parchment paper back on top and then carefully flip to the other side. Peel the parchment paper off the dough, brush with water and then sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar. This time, place the parchment paper back on top and roll once– this ensures the cinnamon sugar sticks to the dough.
- Using a pizza cutter or very sharp knife, cut the dough into 1/2 – 3/4 inch squares. Separate the pieces of dough and place on to lined baking tray (I just place the parchment paper I was using to roll it out). Gather the scraps and repeat the process starting from rolling out until you’ve used up all your dough.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, keeping a very close eye on them for the last 3 minutes. They go from perfectly crispy brown to burnt in seconds!
- Remove from the oven and let them fully cool before serving (they crisp up as they cool even more).
- Serve with your favourite non dairy milk or store in a air tight container for up to 2 days. After 2 days, they do tend to get a little softer in texture.
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, north american
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 316
- Sugar: 18g
- Sodium: 151mg
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated Fat: 0.85g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9.5g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 43.5g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: cinnamon toast crunch, vegan cereal, homemade cereal, healthy cereal