Fuss-free and HEALTHY Banana Bread Mug Cake! Doesn’t get better than this. So moist and fluffy without using any eggs. Served with a generous amount of of chocolate chips and walnuts. YUM.
- 1/2 small banana (60g)
- 1 tbsp non-dairy milk (15ml)
- 2 tsp runny peanut butter (10g // or any runny nut/seed butter of choice)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar* (12g // can substitute maple syrup or any sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup gluten free oat flour (30g)*
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, optional
- pinch of salt
- Optional toppings: chocolate chips, walnuts, flaky sea salt
- In a wide mouth mug, mash the banana well. Then add in the non dairy milk, peanut btuter, coconut sugar and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Add in the oat flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt, and stir to combine. The consistency should be similar to banana bread (stir-able but not runny). If the consistency is too thick, add in 1-2 tsp more non-dairy milk (see video for ideal consistency).
- Add toppings if using and then microwave on high (1000 W) for 1 minute. Turn the mug and microwave for another 20-40 seconds in 10 second intervals. If your microwave is stronger, it should be done within 1 minute and 20 seconds. If you have a weaker microwave, it may take about 1 minute + 40 seconds. For my 1000 W microwave, the perfect time is 1 minute + 20 seconds. You’ll know it’s ready when the edges slightly pull away from the mug and the top edges are cooked. It’s okay if the middle is slightly underdone! It will continue to slightly cook as you let it cool and it’s better than if its overcooked. If you do end up overcooking it, add 2 tsp of non dairy milk on top and it’ll moisten it back up.
- Add some flakey sea salt and let it cool for 2-3 minutes before digging in!
- *You can reduce the sugar or remove the sugar all together if you have a super ripe banana or don’t like things too sweet. Add an extra tsp of peanut butter or non-dairy milk to compensate.
- Helpful Equipment: Wide Mug
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool without any toppings (Cronometer).
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: breakfast
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 280
- Sugar: 21g
- Sodium: 15mg
- Fat: 7.5
- Saturated Fat: 1.4
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 48.6
- Fiber: 5.1
- Protein: 7
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: banana bread mug cake, banana bread, no egg, vegan mug cake, gluten free banana bread, mug cakes