Tahini Chocolate Truffles
- Place a glass bowl on top of a medium saucepan with simmering water over medium heat. Add in the chocolate, tahini, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt and stir until melted and well combined.
- Transfer chocolate into a flat glass container and place into the fridge to set (45-60 minutes).
- Scoop 1 tbsp (around 17-18g each) of the chocolate and roll them into balls. I was able to get 14. Work quickly so that the truffles don't melt in your hand. Place them onto a parchment lined baking tray and place into the freezer.
- Add the sweet rice flour and sugar (and matcha for matcha mochi) into a glass bowl and whisk. Add in the water and whisk to combine. Cover with a damp paper towel and microwave on high (1100 W) for 1 minute. Mix mochi with a silicon spatula and microwave for another 30-40 seconds (it should no longer be liquid-y)
- Place parchment paper on your work surface. Dust generously with potato starch using a sifter. Transfer the mochi using the silicon spatula and then dust the mochi with more potato starch. Dust more potato starch onto your rolling pin or hands and then roll out the mochi into a thin layer. Place into the fridge for 10 minutes to cool.
- Use a biscuit or cookie cutter and cut 7-8 rounds for both regular and matcha mochi. Place the cut out mochi onto a potato starch dusted plate or baking tray. If stacking one on top of each other, place parchment paper between each mochi.
- Take the truffles out of the freezer.
- Place one mochi on the palm of your hand and dust off the excess potato starch with a pastry brush. Then place a truffle in the middle of the mochi wrapper. Pinch two opposite sides together and then pinch the other two opposite sides together. Firmly pinch the remaining 4 corners together. An optional step is to take a piece of saran wrap, place the mochi in the middle and tightly twist the saran wrap.
- Place the daifuku back onto the baking tray and repeat with remaining mochi.
- Store truffles in a cool dry place (or in the fridge with a light towel on top) and consume within 2 days.