Healthy sweet potato brownie bites are the rich, fudgy and naturally sweetened with maple syrup. Inspired by soot spirits in Totoro, these are the perfect quick and easy Halloween treats!
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal + 2 tbsp water)
- ½ cup cooked sweet potato (135g)
- ¼ cup sunflower butter (62g // or any nut butter of choice)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (60g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5g)
- ⅓ dutch processed cocoa powder (38g)
- ¼ cup oat flour (30g)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon, optional
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp mini vegan chocolate chips, optional (30g)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (180 C). Grease a mini 12 cup brownie pan.
- Add flax egg, sweet potato, sunflower butter, maple syrup and vanilla to a food processor and blend until smooth. Add the cocoa powder, oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the food processor to ensure everything is well blended. Mix in chocolate chips if using.
- Divide batter between 12 mini brownie cups, filling to the top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Allow them to cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before eating. Enjoy!
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, north american
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 80
- Sugar: 4.5
- Sodium: 173mg
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.8
- Carbohydrates: 11.6g
- Fiber: 2.5
- Protein: 2.6g
Keywords: two bite brownie, brownie bites, ghost brownies, sweet potato brownies, totoro brownies