Real Deal Peanut Sauce: a recipe to keep in your back pocket. Perfectly sweet, savory, creamy & drizzle-able. Easily customizable and so versatile! Perfect for spring rolls, salads, noodles and more.
Base Peanut Sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar (30g)
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce (22g // or tamari for gluten free)
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp maple syrup (27g)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil (15g)
- 1/4 cup runny peanut butter (60g)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (6g)
- 2 tsp ginger (10g)
- 2-4 tbsp water or coconut milk (30-60g)
- 2-3 tsp hot sauce of choice (10-15g // sambal oelek, chili garlic sauce, chili bean paste or sriracha)
Optional Add-Ins 1-2 tsp:
- red curry paste (if using, replace with hot sauce)
- hoisin sauce
- mushroom sauce (vegan oyster sauce)
- miso paste
- lime juice
- Add all the ingredients (starting with lesser amounts) into a blender or food processor and blend until combined. Add more soy sauce or hot sauce to taste. If using as a dressing add 1-2 more tbsp of water or until desired consistency.
- If using any add-ins, start with 1 tsp and taste. Adjust amount to desired taste.
- Use as a dipping sauce for spring rolls and potato wedges or dressings for wraps, sandwiches, salads, stir fries, noodle bowls, grain and buddha bowls!
- Store peanut sauce in a air tight mason jar in the fridge for up to 1 week. Shake or whisk the sauce again before using.
- Helpful Equipment: blender, sauce jars, food processor, spatula, mason jar
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: sauces
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, asian
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 85
- Sugar: 3.2g
- Sodium: 245mg
- Fat: 6.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 5.2g
- Fiber: 0.56g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: peanut sauce, vegan peanut sauce, thai peanut sauce