A Japanese twist on the viral feta pasta trend: Misozuke Udon! Creamy, rich & tangy– the perfect easy weeknight dinner.
- 1 pint tomato (310g)
- 1/2 block of misozuke (approx. 80-90g)
- 5 large garlic cloves, smashed
- 3 scallions, whites and green separated
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil + 1–2 tsp sesame oil, mixed
- 1/4 tsp salt (misozuke is quite salty already)
- 1/4–1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp pepper flakes (red pepper flakes or gochugaru), optional
- 2 servings of udon noodles or rice cakes (400g // or any noodles of your choice)
- Add the misozuke in the middle. Add the tomatoes, crushed garlic and scallions. Drizzle everything with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes (if using). Bake at 400 F for 20 minutes or until tomatoes are blistered and bubbly.
- Cook udon noodles while the tomatoes are baking. Once the tomatoes are ready, mash everything well with a fork. Toss in the udon noodles along with the green parts of the scallions. Serve and enjoy!
- * adjust amount of sesame oil to your preference. it can be quite strong so a little goes a long way!