Miso Maple Brown Butter! Sweet, savory, toasty and buttery goodness. Perfect for literally anything.
Version #1 (as a sauce / spread / dressing)
- 1/2 (57 g) stick butter
- 1/4 (80 ml) cup maple syrup
- 3–4 (54-72 g) tbsp white miso paste
- 1–2 (15-30 ml) tbsp water, optional
Version #2 (as a spread)
- 1/2 (57 g) stick softened butter or cooled brown butter
- 1/4 (55 g) cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 (28 g) maple syrup
- 1 1/2 – 2 (27–36 g) white sweet miso paste
- Add butter to a sauce pan over medium heat. Swirl the pan and allow it to brown.
- Immediately transfer to a bowl.
- Whisk in maple syrup and miso paste.
- Add water to desired consistency if using for sauces. Taste and adjust sweet and salty level to your preference.
- Whisk together softened butter and light brown sugar. In another bowl, whisk the miso paste with the maple syrup (this helps loosen the miso). Add the maple miso mixture to the butter sugar mixture and mix until well combined. Spread on toast and enjoy!