Miso Braised Garlic
Miso Braised Garlic– the perfect side dish alongside rice or your favourite grain. Meal prep and freezer friendly.
- Author: Lisa Kitahara
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
- 200g garlic cloves (about 5 heads of garlic)
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp water
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp sake
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 chili pepper, de-seeded and thinly sliced (optional)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Slice the garlic sprout (the tip) off and the chop large pieces of garlic in half lengthwise.
- Place them into water for 5 minutes and then strain.
- Add oil to a pan over medium heat and stir fry the garlic until they become golden brown. Add the sake, mirin and soy sauce and cook for 45 seconds. Then add in the miso mixture and chili peppers and braise until most of the sauce has been absorbed. Turn off the heat and then drizzle in sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: braised garlic, japanese side dishes