light & crispy oat flour waffles
Super light and crispy vegan oat flour waffles made with just 7 pantry staple ingredients! Perfect for breakfast or brunch, this recipe is also gluten free, oil free and refined sugar free.
- Author: Lisa Kitahara
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 waffles 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: waffle iron
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, north american
- 1 tsp almond extract (5g // highly recommend)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (5g)
- 1 heaping tbsp chocolate chips (20g)
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- Pre-heat waffle iron on medium high.
- Add non dairy milk, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, tahini and vanilla into a bowl and whisk to combine. Add in the oat flour, corn starch, baking powder and salt and stir until just combined.
- Splash your waffle iron with water or place a small amount of batter onto the waffle iron, it should sizzle immediately. If it doesn't, let the waffle iron heat for a few minutes longer- this is the key to crispy waffles! Pour half the batter onto the waffle iron and close the top. You should instantly see steam releasing out of the iron. Once there is no more steam coming out of the waffle iron the waffle should be fully cooked. Lift the top up and remove from the waffle iron and repeat.
- If making more than 2 waffles, place the waffles in a 200 F pre-heated oven to keep them warm and crispy. If freezing, place on a wire rack and let them cool completely before placing in the freezer.
- Serve with maple syrup and your favourite toppings!
- Helpful Equipment: waffle iron, mixing bowl, spatula, whisk
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Serving Size: 1 waffle
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 1.6g
- Sodium: 557mg
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.1g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 44.5g
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Protein: 8.3g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: crispy vegan waffles, gluten free waffles, oat flour waffles, healthy oil free waffles