Super light and crispy vegan oat flour waffles made with just 7 pantry staple ingredients! Perfect for breakfast or brunch, this recipe is also gluten free, oil free and refined sugar free.
- 2/3 cup non dairy milk (160ml)
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar (7g)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (20g)
- 2 tsp tahini (10g), optional
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (15g)
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp oat flour (100g)
- 2 tbsp corn starch (14g)
- 2 tsp baking powder (10g)
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- Pre-heat waffle iron on medium high.
- Add non dairy milk, apple cider vinegar, tahini and vanilla into a bowl and whisk to combine. Add in the oat flour, corn starch, baking powder and salt and stir until just combined.
- Splash your waffle iron with water or place a small amount of batter onto the waffle iron, it should sizzle immediately. If it doesn’t, let the waffle iron heat for a few minutes longer- this is the key to crispy waffles! Pour half the batter onto the waffle iron and close the top. You should instantly see steam releasing out of the iron. Once there is no more steam coming out of the waffle iron the waffle should be fully cooked. Lift the top up and remove from the waffle iron and repeat.
- If making more than 2 waffles, place the waffles in a 200 F pre-heated oven to keep them warm and crispy. If freezing, place on a wire rack and let them cool completely before placing in the freezer.
- Serve with maple syrup and your favourite toppings!
- Category: breakfast
- Method: waffle iron
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, north american
- Serving Size: 1 waffle
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 1.6g
- Sodium: 557mg
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.1g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 44.5g
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Protein: 8.3g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: crispy vegan waffles, gluten free waffles, oat flour waffles, healthy oil free waffles