Quick & easy Corn Potage made with just 2-ingredients! This rich, creamy and sweet Japanese Corn Soup is perfect for chilly summer evenings. (Vegan + Dairy Free)
- 4 large cobs of corn (525g after cooked and kernels shaved)
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp pure soy milk (265ml)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place corn cobs in and cook for 5-8 minutes, until corn is vibrant in colour. Drain the corn and then once cooled, cut the corn off the cob by running a knife down the cob. Here is a in-depth tutorial on how to cut corn off the cob safety.
- Add the corn and soy milk to a high speed blender and blend for about 1 minute on high until creamy.
- Place a fine mesh sieve over a large bowl or pot and pour half of the corn soup in. Use a spatula to help speed up the process. Pour the other half of the soup and repeat.
- Serve the soup at room temperature or heat on the stove over a low temperature. If serving cold, chill in the fridge for about 1 hour. Garnish with fresh parsley, croutons or soy cream and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: soups
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, japanese
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 138
- Sugar: 9.8g
- Sodium: 350mg
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: japanese corn soup, vegan corn soup, dairy free corn soup, japanese corn potage