Vegan Zucchini Oatmeal Cookies with chocolate chips are thick, chewy and loaded with this summer vegetable! These are the perfect healthy zucchini cookies for breakfast, snacking or dessert.
- 1 scant cup shredded zucchini, water squeezed out (120g grated, 95g after liquid removed)
- 1/2 medium banana (about 62g)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (80g)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (40g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5g)
- 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour (60g // made from blending oats)
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats (90g)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (55g)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Grate your zucchini and weigh out 120g (a little less than 1 cup semi-packed). Squeeze out some of the moisture, it should be about 90-100g depending on the water content of your zucchini.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana and then add in the peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla and zucchini and mix until well combined. Add in that oat flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon salt and mix until a thick sticky dough forms. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a large cookie scooper and portion out 10 cookies (about 45-50g each). Bake for 10-14 minutes or until cookies are golden brown around the edges. Mine were perfect at 12 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 3-5 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack and allow them to cool for another 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!
- Storage: Keep cookies in an air tight container covered, refrigerated for up to 4-5 days.
- Helpful Equipment: grater, cookie scoop, mixing bowls, spatula, cookie baking sheet, parchment paper, silpat
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer) without add-ins.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, north american
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 142
- Sugar: 4.8g
- Sodium: 139mg
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.4g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 18.4g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 0