These Healthy Apple Crumble Bars have a delicious oat crust and crumb with a layer of sweet apple filling. Made with just 6 ingredients, this recipe is also vegan, gluten free, oil free and refined sugar free!
- PREHEAT & PREP BAKING PAN: Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Line a 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- CHOP: Add the oats into a food processor and pulse blend until broken down, similar to the texture of quick oats.
- MIX: In a large bowl add in the oats, almond flour, peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut cream, salt and vanilla (if using) and mix until combined.
- CRUST: Reserve a heaping 1/2 cup of the oat mixture for the topping and add the rest of the mixture into the pan. Press the mixture down using a flat potato masher or your fingers as evenly as possible. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Allow the crust to cool for 5 minutes.
- APPLE FILLING: If using, mix the apple pie spice with the apple jam. Then spread the apple jam evenly onto the crust.
- CRUMBLE: Use the remaining oat mixture and crumble on top.
- BAKE: Place back into the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until crumble on top is golden brown. Allow the bars to cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: North American
- Serving Size: 1 of 9 bars
- Calories: 278
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 140mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 3.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.3g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 7.25g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: apple, crumble, oatmeal bars, gluten free, vegan