This Golden Curry Lentil and Quinoa Soup is made in 1 pot with nourishing ingredients. Ideal for winter cold nights or as a easy meal to prep that is also freezer friendly. Vegan, gluten free and SUPER delicious!
- 1 onion, diced (110g)
- 3 garlic cloves minced (9g)
- 2 tbsp minced ginger (30g)
- 1.5 tbsp curry powder (22g)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- 3/4 cup dry red lentils (156g)
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa (42g)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (15g // tamari for gluten free)
- 3 + 1/2 cups vegetable broth (875ml)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (250ml)
- 1 cups frozen vegetables (160g)
- Add onions and garlic into a large pot over medium high heat and cook for 1 minute. Add ginger, curry paste, red pepper flakes and salt. Cook for another minute, stirring frequently.
- Add in 3 cups of vegetable broth, soy sauce, quinoa and red lentils. Bring the vegetable broth to a boil. Cover with a lid and reduce the heat to low. Let it simmer for around 20 minutes or until lentils and quinoa have absorbed all the liquid and is cooked.
- Give it a stir and then pour in the coconut milk, peas and left over 1/2 cup vegetable broth (or more) until desired consistency. Taste and adjust with more salt and seasonings as desired.
- Portion soup into bowls and top with cilantro, coconut flakes and red pepper flakes as desired. Serve and enjoy!
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Category: Soups & Stews
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 325
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 1575mg
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.9g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 15g
- Protein: 16g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: golden curry soup, lentil quinoa soup, coconut curry soup