These amazing brownie-like Flourless Hot Chocolate Cookies with mint chocolate chunks and marshmallows are easy to make with just 9 ingredients in under 20 minutes! Vegan + Gluten Free.
- 1 cup almond butter (250g // I used homemade chocolate almond butter but any runny nut butter will work)
- 1/2 cup aquafaba (120g // brine from unsalted canned chickpeas)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (100g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract, optional for stronger peppermint flavour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (40g)
- 2 tbsp oat flour (30g)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (2.5g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup vegan marshmallows (40g)
- 1/3 cup mint dark chocolate, chopped (60g)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Into a mixing bowl add in the almond butter, aquafaba, coconut sugar, vanilla and peppermint extract (if using), and stir until combined.
- Add in the cocoa powder, oat flour, baking soda and salt, and mix to combine.
- Fold in the vegan marshmallows and chopped dark chocolate.
- Using a medium cookie scooper, portion 16 cookies (around 40g each), roll them into balls and flatten them slightly with the palm of your hand or fingers. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes rotating the tray half way. Let them cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to and cool completely before eating.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for 4-5 days at room temperature or freeze for up to 1 month.
Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Sweets
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: vegan, guten free
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 9.5g
- Sodium: 90mg
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 15.4g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: hot chocolate cookies, peppermint cookies, holiday cookies, double chocolate cookies, vegan marshmellows