This Easy Vegan Caramel Corn is crunchy, sweet and slightly salty. It’s easy and requires just 5 plant based ingredients. The perfect healthier movie snack!
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels, popped // 10 cups popped popcorn (105g)
- 3 tbsp coconut butter (45g)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (48g)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (78g)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 150 °C. Line two baking trays with silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, add in the coconut butter, maple syrup, coconut sugar and water over medium high heat. Stir frequently and allow bubbles to form. Once at a boil, add in the vanilla and salt and stir for 1 minute. Add in the baking soda and stir vigorously just until the colour starts to change.
- Remove from the heat and quickly pour the caramel over the popped popcorn in a large bowl. Toss using a large spatula until popcorn is evenly coated with the caramel. Spread over the baking tray, making sure the popcorn pieces do not over lap and bake in the oven for 5-8
- Category: snacks
Keywords: easy vegan caramel corn