Dirty Chai Muffins
Healthy chai muffins made with brewed coffee, infused with fall flavours and topped with a espresso glaze. These vegan dirty chai latte muffins are moist, soft and perfect for chilly fall mornings!
- Author: Lisa Kitahara
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 6 muffins 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, north american
Dirty Chai Muffins
- Preheat oven to 425 F (210 C). Line or grease 6 muffin cups.
- Into a mixing bowl, add the coconut yogurt, coffee and maple syrup and whisk until smooth. Add the oat flour, almond flour, potato starch, baking powder, baking soda, chai spice blend and salt and whisk until combined
- Portion the batter between 6 muffin cups, about 90g per muffin. Bake for 5 minutes. Bring down the temperature to 350 and bake for another 18-20 minutes or until muffins are springy to the touch and toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins to cool in the pan for 3-5 minutes. Transfer the muffins onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
- *If using plain non-dairy yogurt, add 2 tsp of vanilla extract and 3-4 tbsp of coconut sugar or any granulated sugar of choice. You can leave the sugar out but the muffins won't be very sweet.
- **If you don't have chai spice on hand use 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2-1 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp cardamom, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/8 tsp all spice and 1/8 tsp black pepper.
- Helpful Equipment: spatula, 6 cup muffin tin, mixing bowls, whisk, muffin liners
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer) without the glaze.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 6.8
- Sodium: 352
- Fat: 10.1
- Saturated Fat: 0.5
- Unsaturated Fat: 8
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 27.3
- Fiber: 4.5
- Protein: 6.6
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: chai muffins, coffee muffins, vegan gluten free muffins, healthy muffin recipe