Coconut Crusted Tofu is light, crispy and easy to make in the oven or air fryer! Delicious in salads, grain bowls or right off the pan with sweet chili dip.
- 1 14 oz extra firm tofu (400g // frozen, defrosted and cubed into 3/4 inch pieces)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce (45g)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (24g)
- 1/2 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (120ml)
- 2 tsp lime juice (8ml)
- 3 tbsp gluten free flour (23g)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- In a shallow bowl combine the soy sauce, coconut sugar and ginger. Add in the cubed tofu and toss in the marinate. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together the non dairy milk, lime juice, gluten free flour, garlic powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the panko and coconut shreds.
- Dip the tofu into the batter then into the coating and place on a prepared baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes and then flip the tofu and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce, lime juice or with a grain bowl!
Air Fryer Version
- Follow all instructions above. Instead of baking, place tofu pieces into air fryer at 400 F for 7 minutes. Flip the tofu pieces and then bake for another 5-7 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown.
- Category: entree
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 306
- Sugar: 7.2
- Sodium: 1292mg
- Fat: 16.3g
- Saturated Fat: 7.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.3g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 23.6g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 18.3g
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: coconut crusted tofu, baked tofu, crispy tofu