Warming spiced apples topped with the best vegan cinnamon rolls for the ultimate fall dessert. Thick, pillow-y soft & bready goodness + spiced gooey sweet apples packed with warming spices. Cozy at its finest.
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour (300g) flour
- 1 tsp active yeast (5g)
- 3/4 cup soy milk (180-200ml)
- 3 tbsp raw cane sugar (36g)
- 3 tbsp vegan butter (45g)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar (100g)
- 1/4 cup butter (60g)
- 4–5 small to medium baking apples (granny smith, gala, fuji, honey crisp, golden delicious)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp corn starch
- 1/2–2/3 cup water (120-160ml)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar (48g)
- 1 tsp vanilla (5g)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, optional (1g)
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, optional
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups vegan powdered sugar (100g)
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla (7g)
- 1 tbsp vegan butter, melted (15g)
- 3–5 tbsp soy milk (45-75ml)
- Add flour to a bread machine. Add sugar and salt into one corner and the yeast to another corner (basically you don’t want the yeast to touch the sugar and salt). Pour in 180ml of the soy milk. Run the bread machine on the dough setting. Watch the dough for the first 5 minutes to see how it comes together. If you notice it is too dry, add the remaining milk 1 tbsp as a time until the dough is soft yet firm (Mom’s tip: it should have the similar pinch feel as your earlobe). Please see the blog post for making it without a bread machine.
- In the meantime, prepare the apples. Rinse, peel and core apples. Slice into 1/4 inch pieces. Stir together lemon juice and cornstarch and set aside. Add water, coconut sugar, vanilla, fresh ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt into a large pan or pot and stir. Over medium high heat, add in the apples and cook for 7-8 minutes until they are no longer crispy. To test, bend one of the apples. If they snap, continue cooking. Do not overcook them. At the last minute, stir in lemon juice and cornstarch once thickened. Pour into a 9×13 inch glass baking dish.
- Once dough has doubled in size, generously flour a working surface. Punch the dough down, remove from the bread machine and place over the floured surface. Roll the dough out about 8×8-9×9 square. Spread vegan butter over the dough. Sprinkle over brown sugar and cinnamon. From the bottom, roll the dough tightly. Using a very sharp knife, cut into 8-9 pieces. Place the pieces over the room temperature apples for about 10 minutes until the apples have increased in size (about x1.5).
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Bake for 23-25 minutes or until cinnamon rolls are golden on the top and you can see the apples are bubbly between the rolls. If you notice the tops are getting browned early on, loosely cover with foil and continue to bake. Remove from the oven. While the cinnamon rolls are baking, make the glaze by stirring the powdered sugar, vanilla, vegan butter and soy milk together in a bowl.
- Once cinnamon rolls are out of the oven, allow them to cool for about 5 minutes. Drizzle some of the glaze over the top while still warm and drizzle remaining glaze over them over them once cooled or on individual rolls. Serve and enjoy!!
- Nutritional Information Disclaimer: Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated on an online tool (Cronometer).
- Prep time does not include proofing time.
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, north american
Keywords: apple cinnamon rolls, vegan cinnamon roll recipe, cinnamon roll apple cobbler