- 7 tbsp (98 g) vegan butter
- 2 tbsp (30 g) vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 g) cane sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp – 3/4 cup (125–150 g) dark brown sugar*
- 2 tbsp (36 g) sweet miso paste
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) non dairy milk
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- 1–2 tbsp (20-30g) chili crisp**
- 1/2 tsp (3 g) baking soda
- 1 2/3 cup (210 g) all purpose flour**
- 1/3 cup (75 g) chocolate chips/chunks
- 1/2 cup (65 g) chopped pecans
- Add butter, cream cheese, sugar, miso paste, non-dairy milk and vanilla. Scoop out the chili crisp, draining most of the excess oil and getting more of the crunchy bits, and add that to the bowl. Use a electric hand whisk and beat until well combined. Add the all purpose flour, baking soda, salt, chocolate chips and pecans. Mix using a spatula with folding motions until there are no more steaks of flour.
- Use a large cookie scoop and divide into 8 portions onto a tray. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (preferably overnight).
- Remove from fridge. Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Place 4 pieces of dough on a silicon mat. press a few chocolate chips on the top if desired. Bake for 6 minutes, remove from the oven and carefully drop the baking tray onto your counter 2-3 times. Place it back into the oven and bake for another 6 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with fancy salt and let them sit for at least 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- *You can decrease the amount of brown sugar to 125-135 g if you wish, but please note they will be slightly less chewy and spread less.
- ** I used my umami crisp for this recipe. If using another brand, please adjust the amount by how strong the spice is. When scooping it out, try and get more of the crunchy bits versus the oil.
- *** If you prefer more thin and spread out cookies, decrease the flour to 165 – 190 grams.