- 170 g bread flour
- 2.8 g yeast
- 10-15 ml room temperature plant based milk
- 17-23 g sugar
- 2 g salt
- 17 g vegan butter, softened
- 130 g ripe banana
- Add the ingredients to a bread machine and run one bread cycle. If using a stand mix / hand kneading, first mash the banana. Add all the ingredients to a bowl / stand mix and knead. For a stand mix, knead for 5 minutes. If using your hands, knead for about 8-12 minutes, depending on how much you can knead during that time. Place dough in a container or bowl, cover and rest for 1 hour. During this time, grease a 7 x 3.25 inch loaf pan. If using a larger loaf pan (8.5 x 4.5 or 9 x 5), double the ingredients.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface and degas the dough with your hands. Fold it back into a ball and then let it rest covered for 10-15 minutes. Flatten the dough again with your hands and then use a rolling pin to roll out the dough, about the length of your loaf pan (I'm using a 7 x 3.25 inch loaf pan) and 8-10 inches vertically. Fold the top portion of the dough toward the middle and then fold the bottom dough toward the middle. Then take the top piece and bottom piece and pinch them together. Turn it over so that the pinched seam is facing down and then scrunch the dough if needed to the side of your loaf pan. Place into your greased loaf pan and place into a container (with space between the lid and the loaf pan) or with a shower cap or oiled cling wrap. Let the dough rise for 45 minutes - 1/2 - 1 inch, or until 1 inch above the rim of the loaf pan. If using a larger loaf pan, it may just come right up to the rim.
- Bake the bread in a preheated oven at 170 F (325 F) for 26-30 minutes, or until top is golden brown and hollow when you tap it. Immediately remove from loaf pan and allow it cool on a wire rack before slicing. Serve and enjoy!
- all measurements are in grams for accuracy.
- all ingredients should be at at least room temperature, unless stated otherwise (warmer)
- the riper the banana the more sweeter and more moisture, start with lesser amount of liquid if your banana is VERY ripe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes minutes
- Rest time: 105 minutes
- Cook Time: 26 minutes
- Category: Baking
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: N/A
Keywords: Banana bread, yeasted bread