Warming apple cinnamon scones that are nutritious and perfectly golden crispy on the outside and tender moist on the inside. Perfect for fall breakfasts and brunch!
- 1/3 cup apple sauce (83g)
- 1/3 cup soy milk (80g // + 1–2 tbsp as needed)
- 2 tbsp drippy almond or cashew butter (32g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5g)
- 1 1/4 oat flour (150g)
- 2/3 almond flour (74g)
- 3 tbsp potato starch (30g)
- 3 tbsp raw cane sugar (36g)
- 1 tbsp baking powder (15g)
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon or apple pie spice
- 1/2 an apple, diced small (120g)
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Into a bowl, add apple sauce, soy milk, almond butter and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined.
- Add in the oat flour, almond flour, potato starch, sugar, baking powder and apple pie spice. Whisk a few times and then switch to sturdy spatula. Fold in apples and then mix until well combined. The dough should be thick and handle-able but not dry.
- Roll the dough into a ball and then flatten it onto the prepared baking sheet. Form a disk with the dough about 3/4 of an inch thick. Use a pastry scraper or sharp long knife and cut disk into 6 pieces. Carefully separate the pieces. To add a cinnamon sugar coating, combine 1 tbsp of sugar with 3/4 tsp of cinnamon. Brush the scones with extra soy milk and then sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top. Bake at 425 F for 17-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown and toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack, drizzle with some maple cashew cream if desired & enjoy!
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten free, north american
- Serving Size: 1 scone
- Calories: 266
- Sugar: 10.2
- Sodium: 260mg
- Fat: 11
- Saturated Fat: 0.9
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.8
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 36
- Fiber: 3.2
- Protein: 7.5
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: apple cinnamon scones, vegan apple scones